WS&IB Approved – Certification is Valid For 3 Years
Register for this course now
REGISTER NOW – 3 EASY STEPS
- Select a Location Below
- Choose Your Date
- Reserve your Seat
*To reschedule or cancel a course, click here
Duration: 2-day (14-16 hours)
Cost: $130.00 including HST;
Student rate or bring a friend: $110.00 including HST.
Prerequisite: To be eligible for this course, you must have a Transport Canada CDN number.
For more information on how to obtain a CDN number please click here.
Instructor: Certified Red Cross First Aid Instructor
Completion: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade at written exam
Certification: Upon completion of the course, your Red Cross Basic Marine First Aid & CPR Level C certificate will be mailed to you within 14 business days.
Recertification: none available
Includes 2010 First Aid & CPR Guidelines.
Meets OHS regulations for Basic First Aid.
Includes the latest First Ad and CPR Guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial and territorial regulations for Standard First Aid. Meets Transport Canada Training Program Standards in Marine First Aid. This course provides an overview of First Aid and CPR techniques with scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry.
Take home materials
- Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
Course content: Level C:
Covers all CPR Level B course material and includes two-rescuer Adult/Child CPR; intended for professional rescuers.
- Assessment of needs of ill and injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Positioning of person
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques
- Control of bleeding
- Management of shock
- Burns and scalds and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transport of people
- Other topics including improvised bandages, rescue in enclosed spaces, infectious diseases and personal health and hygiene