REGISTER NOW – 3 EASY STEPS
*To reschedule or cancel a course, click here
Duration: 2-day (14-16 hours)
Cost: $130.00 including HST;
Student rate or bring a friend: $110.00 including HST.
Instructor: Certified Red Cross First Aid Instructor
Recertification: none available
Includes 2010 First Aid & CPR Guidelines.
Meets OHS regulations for Basic First Aid.
Includes the latest First Ad and CPR Guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial and territorial regulations for Standard First Aid. Meets Transport Canada Training Program Standards in Marine First Aid. This course provides an overview of First Aid and CPR techniques with scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry.
Certification 3-year certification in Red Cross Basic Marine First Aid & CPR Level C will be mailed to you within 14 business days.
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
Course content: Level C:
Covers all CPR Level B course material and includes two-rescuer Adult/Child CPR; intended for professional rescuers.
- Assessment of needs of ill and injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Positioning of person
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques
- Control of bleeding
- Management of shock
- Burns and scalds and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transport of people
- Other topics including improvised bandages, rescue in enclosed spaces, infectious diseases and personal health and hygiene